Tuesday, February 19, 2013

God is with You.

Reminder of the day: God is with You.

"Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment."
(John 16:7-8)

"He will glorify me, for He will take what is mine and declare it to you." (John 16:14)

I know that verse 7 is strange. When I read that it blows me away a little bit. How on Earth could we be better now that Christ is no longer on Earth? How is that possible? How can that possibly be a good plan of action? His disciples were just as confused as I'm sure we would have been if we didn't know the rest of the story...

BUT BUT BUTTTTT. we DO know the whole story. We know why Jesus had to leave, so that the Holy Spirit could come. Our HELPER. The Spirit is not an "it," He is an entity of the trinity. You know the best part though?? He is here to reside in us, to correct us, to convict us and to help us seek righteousness. The Holy Spirit is God with with you. He is with you all day every day, through the good and the bad. He is constant. He remains the same. The Holy Spirit is your guide to life here on Earth. He is our GIFT from God. Our comforter (John 14:26). He intercedes our prayers (Romans 8:26-27). He is GOD with us.

Conclusion: Never forget the POWER residing in you. God is always with you and He is ready to help. "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you." (Isaiah 41:13)

1 comment: