Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

So, I have slacked a little bit over the past few days... School got crazy, and I'm sure you can figure the rest.

Today marks the first day of the Lenten season, Ash Wednesday. For those of you who don't know what Lent is, it is the time where we are to reflect and prepare our hearts for Easter. 40 days... We are encouraged to give up something during this time frame... to sacrifice something that we hold in high esteem. It is too serve as a reminder to pray. We give a small sacrifice to prepare ourselves for the greatest act of sacrificial love ever known.

I don't want you to just give up something, I want you to be active in doing something as well. My challenge to you over the next 40 days is to read John 16-21 once a week... I know you're probably like that is so redundant, why on earth would I read the same 5 chapters 5 or 6 times? My answer would be because every time you read it you will get something new out of it. Take notes, ask questions. See how God meets you during this process...

What are you giving up for Lent? I want to know! I want to know how to pray for you. Also, as you're reading the chapters (if you choose to) ask questions or write your thoughts on here! Share them with us. That's how we learn and grow, by listening to each other talk it out, by fellowship.

Conclusion: Christ gave his life for us, what are we willing to give in order to prepare our hearts for the celebration of his resurrection?

No comments:

Post a Comment