Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Walking.

Reminder of the day: Pick up your feet so you don't trip.

Today I was walking on campus... And I tripped 3 times within a timespan of 5 minutes, you laugh, but how many of you have had these same days? It got to the point where in my head I was telling myself, "Pick up your feet so you don't trip." At the same time I was wondering what I was going to write for the day and it hit me. "Pick up your feet so you don't trip." We are all on a journey with Christ, walking along side of Him. He is our guide. But even with Him walking beside sometimes roots and cracks pop up here and there. These roots and cracks symbolize the temptation for sin in our lives. The beauty is that God gives the ability to step over those cracks. To flee from those temptations. "...God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it" (1 Corinthians 10:13). He gives you the way out. He helps you pick your feet up. He helps you get away from those things, but you have to do some of the work! Just pick up your feet. Just decide in your heart that you want to avoid tripping. Keep your feet in sync with Christ's and you will not fall.

Conclusion: (1 Timothy 6:11) "But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness."

Keep on moving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment