Sunday, May 23, 2010

Consider Trials a Joy

Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything.
James 1:2-4

I don’t know about you, but normally I’m not thrilled when I face trials. But we are to consider them a joy. That’s the exact opposite of what we’re ingrained with. Everything in us screams just complain!!! Well Paul tells us that these trials help us. These trials are the ones that complete us. The more trials we have the closer we become to who God made us to be. The refining process is hard and it can hurt, but the pain never goes wasted. In these trials we are the most vulnerable. It’s in those times of vulnerability when we allow God to continue molding us. So I’m not saying be excited for trials, but that you can have an inner joy when they come. God is faithful always.

No comments:

Post a Comment